Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
AHA 2020 Advanced Cardiac Life Support Guidelines, or ACLS, was created by the American Heat Association. ACLS is a classroom course that awards a two year ACLS certification for those who work in critical areas of the hospital such as ICU, Telemetry, ER, CCU and outpatient surgery areas. Most hospitals require doctors, nurses anesthesiologists and charge nurses to have this certification. This course teaches advanced Life Support measures such as drug administration for arrhythmias, cardioversion, defibrillation, CPR, and advanced airways, as well as heart rhythm recognition.
ACLS is an advanced course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardio-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught using learning stations for practicing essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation.
1) Visit eLearning Courses and select your discipline. (If you haven’t already logged in, the system will ask you to do so. If you have not visited the site before, you will be prompted to set up an account.)
- Find the name of your pre-course self-assessment and pre-course work (ACLS or PALS)
- Once you find your pre-course self-assessment and pre-course work, select Launch Course to begin.
- How to Find Precourse Self-Assessment and Precourse Work Step by Step Instructions
- Option 2 – Applying Filter Step by Step Instructions (with filter)
2) Review, understand, and complete the Pre-course work and Pre-course Self-Assessment (mandatory) on the Student Website eLearning.heart.org.
3) Print or screenshot your score (certificate) for the Pre-course work and Pre-course Self-Assessment and bring it with you to class. (A passing score is 70% or above, and you can take the Pre-course Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score)
NOTE: If you would like to renew your BLS as well, please go to our website and purchase the BLS Hands-On Skills Checkoff here: https://www.coloradoacls.org/online-courses/bls-hcp-online. You will also need to purchase the online portion of the Blended Learning program directly from the AHA here
Then be sure to finish your online BLS program BEFORE your class with us and bring your completion certificate with you. Please give your certificate to your instructor at the start of class, then she will work your BLS skills check portion in and you will be assigned both eCards at the end of class.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of and AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
The ACLS Blended Class Online/Skills course is a practical skills testing for students who have completed the didactic portion of the ACLS and the written test online via the American Heart Association's website. During the two hour skills session , you will be tested on information from the online course and on the practical skills presented in the online course. Upon completion of the skills session, you will receive a 2-year ACLS certification through the American Heart Association.
ACLS Provider Course
This course is for anyone taking ACLS for the first time, or if you let your certification expire. This is a one day course that lasts approximately 12 hours and includes a 2-year ACLS certification from the American Heart Association.
SIGN UP - $200
The ACLS Renewal Course is for anyone with current ACLS certification through th American Heart Association. You MUST have your AHA ACLS card to be eligible for this class and your card cannot be expired. You will be required to show your current ACLS card when you arrive. Testing will include both a written and skills portion. The course is 6-hours long. Upon completion you will receive a 2-year ACLS certification through the American Heart Association.
SIGN UP - $150
ACLS Blended - Heartcode
Does NOT include online key. You must bring completed certificate to participate in the session. Purchase your online course key here.
This course os for those who ONLY need the skills portion of their certification. You MUST have your AHA ACLS card to be eligible for this class and your card cannot be expired. You will be required to show your current ACLS card when you arrive. The course is 4-6 hours long. Upon completion you will receive a 2-year ACLS certification through the American Heart Association.
SIGN UP - $75